D R Security & Electrical Ltd are installers of Security and Electrical Equipment.
We are registered in England and Wales under company number 2227573 and have our registered office at 616D Green Lane, Ilford, Essex IG3 9SE. Our main trading address is Unit 32 De Beauvoir Block, 92-96 De Beauvoir Road, London N1 4EN.
We are committed to safeguarding your privacy. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
D R Security & Electrical Limited is the "Data Controller," which means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. We are required under data protection legislation to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice, if requested.
This notice applies to all Clients of D R Security & Electrical Limited who have had a security system installed or electrical installation by us.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following personal data:
- Your name
- Your address
- Your phone number
- Your email address
Why we collect information about you:
- So that we can process your enquiry
- So that we can contact you regarding your enquiry
To effectively monitor our activities, as installers, it is a requirement for us to provide you with a Certificate of Conformity ("certificate") once we have installed your security system. We will pass on the certificate to SSAIB and the certificate includes details of your name and address. We hold this information to enable us to comply with statutory obligations and to pursue our legitimate interests for the purposes set out in the section below. We suggest that you access the www.SSAIB.org website for more information on their Privacy Notice specifically for you the customer.
Regarding our Employees information regarding your personal details, employment
history, next-of-kin, education, medical status and those criteria regarding statutory and regulatory obligations will be maintained securely on individual personnel files held on our secure server, under the conditions as detailed in the D R Security & Electrical Limited Data Protection Policy.
How do we use your personal data?
We may use your personal data to:
- Comply with our statutory and regulatory obligations;
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by you relating to your installation /contacts
- Reissue lost certificates;
- If we need to use your personal information for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Disclosing your personal data to others
We will not share your personal data with others, unless:
We are under a duty to disclose or share your personal details to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our Quality Management System, the rules of our Accreditation / Trade Bodies, as authorised by the Secretary of State, protecting vital interests or where the individual / service has already made the information public.
Our business enters a joint venture with - or is sold to or merged with, either in part or in full, another business. We may then share your personal details with our new business partners or owners.
Where we store your personal data?
We store all your personal details on a secure server, within the EU.
How long do we keep your personal data for?
We only keep your personal data for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data - and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means - and the applicable legal requirements.
How secure is your data?
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed.
In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground.
- You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please write to us at Unit 32, De Beauvoir lock, 92-96 De Beauvoir Road, LONDON, N1 4EN or at firstname.lastname@example.org
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information [or to exercise any of the other rights]. However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
Your rights to complain
If you have any problems with the way that we are handling your personal data, you should contact the Information Commissioner's Officer [ICO].
The ICO can be contacted by telephone on 0303 123 113 - Monday to Friday, between 9am and 5pm - or by email at email@example.com you can also visit the
ICO's website by following this link: https://ico.org.uk/
The data controller responsible for your personal data is DR Security & Electrical Limited and our data protection registration number is ZA390247. If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact us on 0207 241 1001
D R Security & Electrical Limited
Unit 32, De Beauvoir Block, 92-96 De Beauvoir Road, London, N1 4EN.